• Page:

TOPIC: Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 10 months ago #750

• JAMES C. DECK
  • JAMES C. DECK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program is now open for participation. To enroll, use the LSF Application document found under the LSF Program tab at the top of the LSF web site. ESAP particpants who were not previously LSF members will receive an LSF member number upon completing Level I of the ESAP. ESAP participants who are already LSF members by virtue of attaining Level I in the SAP will retain their LSF number. For purposes of voting, the highest Level achieved in either the SAP or the ESAP will determine the member's status for a vote.

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 10 months ago #751

• WAYNE NORRIE
The form is printed and will be in the mail first thing tomorrow, May 15th. Do I have to wait to get my form before I can begin?

Wayne

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 10 months ago #753

• INGO DONASCH
thank you and all the others very much for all the efford in setting up the esap!
please also add a little note to the news section, I scanned that for month and almost missed it! I'm trying to round up a couple more buddies here on the "right" side of the pond and will send in the applications all together!
thermals
ingo

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 9 months ago #757

• KEVIN N. O'DELL
Got my gold voucher in the mail today....can't wait to get started! Thanks to the board!!

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 9 months ago #758

• WARREN L. AVIS
Question on the vouchers. Already being LSF and now working on the ESAP, it's been said that you can start on your L-2 once the L-1 voucher has been postmarked. What is the acceptable way to get the signatures and contest points before the L-2 voucher show up?

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 9 months ago #759

• ROB GLOVER
You must wait until you have the Level I voucher to start the program.

Starting with Level II you can start working next level tasks the day after the postmarked date in your returned prior level voucher. If your prior level voucher is not accepted then any tasks will be negated, as per Section VI on the back of the voucher.

The witnesses can sign and back date the voucher when you get it. The voucher must still be properly filled out to be accepted.

Both SAP and ESAP are the same in this respect, but they are certainly not interchangeable.

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 9 months ago #760

• WARREN L. AVIS
I think I didn't say it right. I have the ESAP L-1 voucher and am a SAP person already. Once the ESAP L-1 is complete and post marked, I can start on ESAP L-2? Is that right? If so, what documentation do i use in the interim?

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 9 months ago #764

• Dan VESTER
None. Once you receive the L2 form, you fill in the L2 tasks you completed while waiting for the form to come, and go find the witnesses again and have them sign the form. If you aren't going to be able to find the witnesses again, you will have to repeat the task after you get the L2 form.

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 8 months ago #788

• ED ANDERSON
As far as I can tell there is no eSAP section on the web site. Is that correct? Is one being prepared?

I don't see an announcement of the passing of the proposal in the news section either, only the proposal.

The site on RCG that announced the vote in February is locked. Other than the vote count there is no other information.

I would like to point our club members to the information about the eSAP since almost all new members to our glider club are starting out on e-gliders.

A few questions, and sorry if this is provided somewhere else. As I understand it the eSAP tasks will mirror the SAP tasks to a large extent. The assumption is that the gliders are self launching via electric motors, but are motors required?

1- Does the slope task have to be done with an e-glider? Our club members often fly e-gliders on the slope but wondered if it was a requirement to qualify for the slope task.

2 - Same for goal and return. Does it have to be an e-glider? If one is working the eSAP and flies the XC nats, for example, to do a 2K goal and return, does the glider have to be self launched to qualify?

In essence I am trying to understand where a motor on the glider is required and where it is optional, if that is the proper expression.

Clearly the typical contest requirement will be electric launched so that is not in question. It is these other areas where I am not sure how the program will work.

Electric Soaring Accomplishments Program now open 9 years 8 months ago #789

• ROB GLOVER
Ed -

Get a voucher and read it. Do the tasks. Most folks seem to be able to figure it out, I'm getting a bunch of successfully completed level I vouchers back. Haven't seen yours yet. You may obtain an application here - www.silentflight.org/index.php/lsf-program/lsf-application

You may hand launch your plane. If you need power to climb out to the allowable start altitude you may use an electric motor. If you can hand launch your XC plane and fly it for 10k out and back nobody will complain that you did not use the motor. If you want to do the tasks without power I'd suggest the traditional SAP might be more appropriate for you.

Rob Glover
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds