• Page:

TOPIC: ESL Oct 11-12 contest disallowed for contest tasks

ESL Oct 11-12 contest disallowed for contest tasks 9 years 4 months ago #811

• ROB GLOVER
  • ROB GLOVER's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It has come to my attention that the scores posted by ESL for their October 11– 12 contest do not meet the criteria established by the LSF for inclusion in the ESAP. As I understand from numerous reports the contests were in fact not run on two consecutive days but were abbreviated and run on one day. For LSF purposes this is one contest.

Furthermore, the information as published on the ESL website has been pointed out to be incorrect and misleading.

The LSF is bound to scrupulously protect the integrity of our accomplishment programs. As a result the LSF will not recognize any scores on vouchers from this contest. The LSF Board of Directors have considered the evidence and are unanimous in this decision.

The LSF does allow multiple contests on the same day to be used for tasks if they are truly seperate contests. Some well known examples are; Nostalgia and RES at Nats, or RES and Unlimited at any number of contests.

It has become evident that few are willing to cut corners to get to the next level. There are many more who value the integrity of the program more highly. I'd like to personally thank all who reported this incident, you make me feel great about the future of the LSF.

Rob Glover, LSF Secretary

Dave Beach Called Crook 9 years 2 weeks ago #830

• GORDY STAHL
It has become evident that few are willing to cut corners to get to the next level. There are many more who value the integrity of the program more highly. I'd like to personally thank all who reported this incident, you make me feel great about the future of the LSF.
[/i]

Rob clearly implies that Dave Beach LSF5 is a cheat and a crook as are the guys who turned in valid and legal task form for that event.

The story should read that the current LSF Board is guilty of not following the LSF Bylaws which dictate how rules are to be created. Instead they are making up rules for programs none of the board are currently participating in themselves.

They should be embarrassed for their actions, and should apologize to Dave Beach and the group of pilots they accused of cutting corners. And those who squealed like jealous kindergarden kids, should be embarrassed and exposed.

The Board has no idea of what the LSF is about.... but I'll remind them. Participation. Dave Beach, myself and others are actually DOING things to increase LSF participation. When was the last time anyone on the Board witnessed for a participant?

And YES I am one of those evil creeps who attempted to shortcut their system....not the LSF program, nope I followed the rules.

IF Rob and the others want to stop the rampant participation in the program, they need to follow the Bylaws. Propose a rule, call for a member vote and eat crow when its shown that the majority of the membership does not agree. That the only guys who do agree are not actually participating in either program.

Shame on you Rob and the rest for trying to imply that Dave and the ESL members tried to cheat. You owe them an apology.
You guys think you are getting away with something, but you are wrong, wrong in your actions and wrong in your thinking.
Yup I said it.
If you would like someone's opinion on this, you could ask someone with more soaring experience, more LSF experience, and someone more LSF active than me..... oh yeah, that's right there isn't anyone in the entire RC soaring world with more of all that than me.
I can prove that...but everyone knows its a fact.
Gordy

Dave Beach Called Crook 9 years 1 week ago #839

• ROB GLOVER
  • ROB GLOVER's Avatar Topic Author
You haven't actually been very aware of what's been going on or you'd know better Gordy. So far as I recall, the only person to use the word cheat in this case so far is Gordy.

Makes me glad that LSF is all about measureable results instead of who has the prettiest plane or most highly inflated ego. Others have tried to talk you down from your perch without success. I'll simply note that angry is a lonely place, for good reason. I hope that you move somewhere else soon.

As I've told you before, your level II ESAP voucher won't be approved until you submit another contest or the LSF BOD is replaced by another that will accept what you have unsuccessfully submitted.

I'd suggest that you put together a slate and run for office if you really feel that you are right. You will get better results by keeping it positive. Being the King of Soaring might have worked in Machiavelli's day, but nowadays most of us ain't buying it.

"run for office" 8 years 5 months ago #1077

• GORDY STAHL
Done,
I'll be taking your office if elected and you can bet I won't be allowing anyone to get in the way of progressing. The end of the "spirit" rulings is possibly near. dunnn duh dun dun dunnn!
No more protecting turf by trying to make it too expensive and too difficult. LJ did ELSF in about a year the old way....thousands of dollars in travel, motels, gas, time, equipment.... pretty sure he's still LJ. No pilots bow down to say "we're not worthy!" And not many (if any) say they'd like to do make ELSF5 or LSF5 considering the "costs".

And no more disallowed contests using heartfelt reasons. I believe the LSF Board should not be "guards" or "police", they should be mentors. We'll see if the membership agrees.
Gordy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds