• Page:

TOPIC: Passing of ESAP Proposal

Passing of ESAP Proposal 10 years 1 month ago #738

• BRENT D. ROBINSON
  • BRENT D. ROBINSON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Let me start off by saying that I voted No for the ESAP, but on the other hand, I did want to see electric soaring added to LSF and am glad to see our hobby grow. There is only one thing that held me back from voting Yes on the proposal and that is because these two programs are not separate.

Now, I have read all the arguments on the forums and I may agree with some and disagree with others, but there is no use in beating a dead horse. I do believe that these programs should be separate from an organizational point of view. Using consecutive numbers to track members is fine, however, I do not believe that any one person should have more than one number.

In this day and age of spreadsheets and databases, it would be easy to track and organize either by person or by number, and to track multiple programs for each individual. I never agreed with getting a new number once you reached Level 5 and started over either. If I have 2, 3, 4, etc., LSF numbers, which number is my number? How do you accurately report how many people have joined LSF over the years?

With all this being said, I still believe that each and every member should have only one LSF number to designate that individual. SAP and ESAP should be separate so said individuals could display LSF V and ELSF III, etc. Otherwise, where is the incentive to follow both paths? Of course, this is coming from a competitive pilot, which I know is the minority in LSF.

Enough ranting. It has passed, so now it's up to the members to help point the program in the direction we all want it to go and make any amendments necessary to make both the SAP and ESAP a success well into the future of our sport.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds