TOPIC: ESAP Proposal

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #533

• PRESTON HELLER
  • Thank you received: 0
Is this the e-mail to which people are referring?

www.silentflight.org/index.php?option=co...48b898b6d5a079c1bb7c
The topic has been locked.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #534

• GARRY E. OGILVIE
Never received it.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #535

• FORD SCOTT ROLLO
I didn't get the newsletter either. And I recently contacted LSF after many years and verified my Level 1 status.

Ford

Newsletter reception 10 years 4 months ago #536

• JAMES C. DECK
  • JAMES C. DECK's Avatar Topic Author
The mailing list for the newsletter was generated from the LSF Membership database (not all LSF members have registered to participate in the LSF Forum). When someone registers for the LSF Forum, it's currently handled by me. The Secretary and only the Secretary updates the database. I'll add the extra step of sending the LSF Secretary the member's current address when a member registers. Meanwhile, I'll try to pop Forum members who didn't receive a newsletter a copy. Please remember that all who work on LSF stuff are unpaid volunteers and not highly trained computer professionals.
Your part-time webmaster,
Jim Deck

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #537

• RYAN WOEBKENBERG

Preston Heller wrote: Is this the e-mail to which people are referring?

www.silentflight.org/index.php?option=co...48b898b6d5a079c1bb7c

Yes.

For other folks who didn't get the newsletter just because the LSF has your email address doesn't necessarily mean that you will get a newsletter mailing like this. That is a slight downside to mass mailing a membership base. While I am offering to help the LSF leadership contact membership LSF leadership email me offline and I can also try to help with newsletter deliverability.

Ryan

Getting the word out 10 years 4 months ago #538

• TIM MCCANN
I got the newsletter, woohoo! ...but I'll be voting NO, sorry motorglider dudes :-)

Getting the word out 10 years 4 months ago #539

• CURTIS L. SUTER

tMcCann wrote: I got the newsletter, woohoo! ...but I'll be voting NO, sorry motorglider dudes :-)

Hope to meet you someday Timm but it comes as no surprise as I am sure you know how you were going to vote but I think it is important to what is proposed to fully understand that I do not fly motor gliders.

Also Timm, how many ALES events have you attended or CD'd? I guess your thinking of an electric assisted glider being flown as a motor glider is what we do so I assume you have zero experience.

My vote will be as it should be, private.

Merry Christmas
Curtis

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #540

• DON HARBAN
My final comments on this are again on process -- and then I will vote when I receive my ballot.

This process started with a proposal from the LSF Executive board and a request for input.

Out of about 8,250 members, there were approximately 35 commenters who made 416 comments.

7 of those commenters accounted for 327 comments. (20 percent of commenters -- 0.085 percent of the general membership -- accounted for 80 percent of the "discussion")

The final proposal WITH REGARD TO THE ESAP was essentially unchanged from the initial proposal for the ESAP. Not one single suggestion that was inconsistent with the original proposal was included in the final proposal.

That does not speak particularly of well of a process that was represented as seeking comments and ideas. It will likely leave the participants with the impression that their voices meant diddly-squat to the Executive Committee. It might even suggest that with regard to the content of the ESAP, the Executive Committee's minds were made up before this ever started.

I hope the Executive Committee will share with the General Membership the number of members who will receive eBallots.

Happy Landings,

Don

Getting the word out 10 years 4 months ago #541

• ED ANDERSON
When did you get the newsletter e-mail?

I have not received anything yet.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 4 months ago #542

• INGO DONASCH

LarryJolly wrote: Mr Deck, and the Board
It is obvious that if this passes, your next vote will be to combine the two programs since they are exactly the same except method of launch.
I am asking everyone to vote NO on your proposal...
Larry Jolly 3579

never thought of combining the two programs since they describe almost identical tasks I think its a great idea, but with respect to the current members its ok with me to make that slight distinction in the designation!

I am asking everyone to vote YES on the proposal...
Ingo Donasch 7369

ps. I did receive the newsletter
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds