TOPIC: ESAP Proposal

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #653

• CURTIS L. SUTER
  • Thank you received: 0

Preston Heller wrote: Of course the way to have killed most of the debate in this thread would have been the adoption of three simple things.

Using a device that limits your altitude to the stated amount with a penalty for going over. This is mostly for competition purposes, but right now it's true, some guys blast through the stated contest altitude. For tasks it's just not much of an issue.

Use a limiting device that prevents restarts once you have reached your altitude, until you are back on the ground. Period. Any real debate would be over. No difference whatsoever between winch in nose planes and winch on ground planes. That was suggested early on, but rejected.

Adopt the color system for program designation and amend the by-laws.

It really wasn't much more complicated than that.

Preston

I agree Preston, especially about restarts till on the ground. It seems there are so many units that do allow restarts and perhaps folks would vote it down because it would make them obsolete. IMHO this shouldn't matter as the new rules are for decades not months.

So where we are now with two SAP's. I have been thinking more about the sticker/label use. On any model, flightbox auto license plate etc the LSF should not make a distinction between the two SAP's. So it could be placed anywhere. I think that If a level number is used it most certainly MUST ascertain which program. Then again to me it is just an ego thing to me as it means nothing to folks who don't understand the bylaws anyway and the one's who do, perhaps like me, I think, that I don't care either and if I did I could ask them if they are a purist or cheated their way in. In other words it is a heck of an achievement no matter if it is the watered down program as some folks like to think.

Curtis "How will I vote?" Suter
The topic has been locked.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #654

• RAY HAYES
This is what I read that made me think no one will know what program an individual is working in unless the person chooses to let you know as far as the emblem decal is concerned. This was decided by ??? at the very beginning of this discussion thread. Seems very odd to me for the League to not have a designated decal for each program that clearly shows which program the individual is working in. It is a way of advertising the two programs to League prospects.
I just don't get it.

To answer the questions of the previous post:
To quote the Proposal: "There will be one LSF with two parallel SAP's". Therefore any one who attains the required Levels in either SAP may vote on those issues. No, there won't be a separate emblem for those in the ESAP.

Ray
Woodys Forever
WWW.Skybench.com

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #655

• CURTIS L. SUTER
It's awfully quiet here in the LSF world.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #656

• ALEXANDER HALL
Ssshhh!

Don't disturb them Curtis. I suspect they're secretly putting ALES ships together!

Couldn't resist.
Al

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #657

• PRESTON HELLER
I don't know about Curtis, but I sure am building (or assembling, which would be more accurate). hahahahah

I'm guessing folks are just waiting for the ballots to be sent out.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #658

• ED ANDERSON
Yes, I think we have said about as much as we can say on the topic. We are all waiting to see what happens with the ballots.

Meanwhile I am setting up an ALES Supra and LISF just opened our first Eastern Soaring League ALES contest for registration, if anyone is interested. May 24/25 www.flyesl.org

That is in addition to the two ESL TD and one ESL F3K contests we host. So if you are looking for SAP qualified contests we have them for you on Long Island, NY.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #659

• TIM MCCANN
How do NON-INTERNET members vote?

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #660

• PRESTON HELLER
Holding my nose...I voted....YES.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #661

• RAY HAYES
I received my email ballot, but I wonder about the guys not listed here, without email address's. Seems like LSF should answer Tim's question pronto.

Ray
Woodys Forever ... but probably not competing in ALES contests.
WWW.Skybench.com

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #662

• CURTIS L. SUTER
When were they mailed out? My email address is correct Jim Deck said it was not updated to another members address book but it was taken care of a month ago. Obviously it has not been resolved as I have not received a ballot.

Not a very well run/organized league it appears.
Sorry to be blunt but it is true in what I hope is a single case.

Curtis
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds