TOPIC: ESAP Proposal

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #683

• GARRY E. OGILVIE
  • Thank you received: 0
And if only 8 members vote is that a majority?
Is 8 enough to have a quorum?
The topic has been locked.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #684

• JAMES C. DECK
  • JAMES C. DECK's Avatar Topic Author
The vote will be decided per the LSF ByLaws with a simple majority of the votes cast. The 30 day submission period is also mandatory via the LSF ByLaws.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #685

• PRESTON HELLER

tMcCann wrote: How do NON-INTERNET members vote?

I know this has been covered before, but since Mr. McCann has asked again, here's my 2 cents.

Those of us that fly radio control are generally not Luddites. We tend to embrace technology by
the mere fact of the hobby we embrace. It is not a far reach to believe that this interest, in 2014
extends beyond R/C planes into other areas of our lives. The internet and computers did not come
into being last week. This stuff has been around for quite a while and I find it hard to believe that
someone interested enough to invest in R/C equipment and planes has avoided getting a computer
(or a smart phone for that matter), gotten an e-mail and joined the overwhelming majority of folks
in enjoying the 21st century. Of course there may be a few hold outs. I would bet there are a few.
However, those who are interested in the LSF find a way to make contact. So I take your comment
as being somewhat insincere, Mr. McCann. I look at it as being more of a monkey wrench you have
thrown, hoping it will gum up the works, not a sincere wish for democracy, but a hope of moving
the organization into some kind of paralysis. Gil Gauger has spoken to the issue of postal addresses,
and anyone who has mailed in a blue sheet has always (I hope) given a return address. And what,
Mr. McCann, if people don't respond to the e-mail? Should we follow up with a phone call to each one
to make sure they did not respond on purpose...or send them another e-mail to see if they got that
e-mail...ad infinitum? Personally, my respect for your accomplishment will never be diminished, no
matter how this vote goes.

Preston

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #686

• CURTIS L. SUTER
PRINT
Give to your friends to read. Once they decide have them call you on the rotary dial phone, assuming it is not a party line and they can get through, then you can send the email to the LSF Board.

See how easy that is.

See this will allow you to get the word out ONLY to the folks who will vote your way!

Curtis

BYLAWS A LA CARTE 10 years 2 months ago #687

• TIM MCCANN

jdadmin wrote: The vote will be decided per the LSF ByLaws with a simple majority of the votes cast. The 30 day submission period is also mandatory via the LSF ByLaws.

Except "E Ballot" only is contrary to the bylaws.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #688

• GORDY STAHL
Come on, no self reliant E-LSF guy would use the mail, or a phone! THINK!

They would for sure use an electric launch carrier pigeon....with the motor re-start funcition turned on in its ALES unit.
Duh
Gordy :-)

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #689

• TIM MCCANN

Curtis Suter wrote: PRINT
Give to your friends to read. Once they decide have them call you on the rotary dial phone, assuming it is not a party line and they can get through, then you can send the email to the LSF Board.

See how easy that is.

See this will allow you to get the word out ONLY to the folks who will vote your way!

Curtis

Excellent point, perhaps whether or not you receive an "E Ballot" is determined by your comments on R/C Groups.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #690

• CURTIS L. SUTER
Timm I do not appreciate the unwarranted personal attack.

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #691

• ED ANDERSON
As far as I know the entire SAP process is by paper mail. I could be wrong.

Nothing on line to report tasks completed and level completed.

And you can't start the next level till the form for the previous level is postmarked.

I may be out of touch. Has this changed? Do we accept scanned and e-mailed forms as documentation?

Do we have any form of electronics SAP process?

When last I looked I was not aware that the SAP process had gone electronic. So paper is the way of the SAP. But what of the LSF?

ESAP Proposal 10 years 2 months ago #692

• CURTIS L. SUTER

Curtis Suter wrote: When were they mailed out? My email address is correct Jim Deck said it was not updated to another members address book but it was taken care of a month ago. Obviously it has not been resolved as I have not received a ballot.

Not a very well run/organized league it appears.
Sorry to be blunt but it is true in what I hope is a single case.

Curtis

I received my ballot. I am glad My ESupra is faster under power than email! Ha ha
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds